Introducing the Community Arts Support Team (CAST)!
Why join CAST?
- Because you care about children, education and the arts.
- Because you want to contribute to this worthwhile mission.
- Because you'll get to observe fantastic artists teaching great programs.
- Because you'll get to see children having truly enriching arts experiences.
- Because the schedule is flexible.
- Because we need you!
Some of the volunteer opportunities are as follows:
The role of a KCYA Advocate is to create greater awareness of KCYA programs throughout the community and within the schools. Advocates will:
- Provide feedback and documentation on programs delivered in schools.
- Represent KCYA at other community events: art fairs, open houses, business associations, homes association meetings, PTA meetings, etc.
- Help identify members of the community who share the mission of KCYA.
Event and Fundraising Support
KCYA holds several Community School of the Arts (CSA) and public events each year, where volunteers can assist with a variety of assignments from passing out flyers and brochures to taking pictures, selling snacks or welcoming our guests at the event. These opportunities include:
- Fall (August) and Spring (January) CSA Open Houses
- Halloween Family Fun Night (October)
- Dance and Drama Performance reception (January and May)
- CSA Open Mic Nights (1 or 2 per CSA session)
- Quarterly parties with a purpose
- Arts for Learning and Living Luncheon
50th Anniversary Committees
In 2011 KCYA will celebrate 50 years of providing exceptional arts experiences to children in schools and community centers as well as private and group instruction at the Community School of the Arts. We need a dedicated group of individuals to help us highlight these accomplishments and prepare us for the next 50 years. Volunteers will assist the Board and staff with a variety of projects through the year:
- Event(s) support
- Working on archive projects
- General Public Relations
Kansas City Young Audiences has highly motivated staff members who are always grateful for an extra hand or two in the office. We would love to schedule weekday, evening or Saturday volunteers to:
- Answer phones
- Assist with CSA registration during peak periods
- Serve on the Welcome Committee for new CSA families
- Assist with mailings, filing and data entry
- Maintain agency archives
- Social Network committee (facebook, twitter, youtube…)
Please call or email Mary Needham for more information. 816.531.4022 ext. 1015